counter for blogspot

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cute

Real Quick Story..as it was cute, then on to the blog
Dolphins save dog
MARCO ISLAND, Fla. -- A group of persistent dolphins are being credited with saving a dog that had run away on Florida's Marco Island. Cindy Burnett says her 11-year-old Doberman named Turbo disappeared late Sunday night after his gate was left open.
That's when Burnett and her sons went looking for him. "I searched and searched and called his name. I drove through this street at least five or six times," she said.
Late Monday morning, Turbo was finally found. "He was shivering and a lot of distress," Burnett said. She says Turbo could have been in the canal water for 15 hours and it would have been longer if it weren't for a persistent splashing coming from the water. "The lady here who had gotten him out of the canal said, 'No, the dolphins were with him,'" Burnett explained. The dolphins got a neighbor's attention, alerting them to a stranded pooch in shallow water.
"If he had to tread water all night long, I know he wouldn't have been able to," Burnett said. The neighbor jumped in the water after calling 9-1-1 and got Turbo out. While Turbo has been reunited with his family, Burnett says she doesn't expect him to get too close to the water any time soon.

I've really been enjoying myself here in Sunny Florida. February 24th was a historic moment as it was the final launch of the Discovery shuttle at Kennedy Space Center.
The Discovery shuttle also was connected to Indiana. Since it first took flight in 1984 there have been 11 astronuts from Purdue University who flown 16 times for Discovery missions. Purdues President, France Córdova was NASAs chief scientist from 93-96(just a little more cool facts). My first experience of a shuttle launch was Jan 28, 1986 the launch of the Challenger Shuttle which we will never forget. It was a sad day as the shuttle broke apart in seconds once in flight which lead to the deaths of 7 of the crew members including Christa McAuliffe, who was the first member teacher in the Space Project.Getting to a spot to watch the shuttle was nuts and traffic was backed up and INSANE, especially going down Colonial Drive. I overheard a couple people complaining as to why people are making a big deal about the space shuttle launch..why watch it, its stupid, blah blah blah. Yes, you guessed it...I put my 2 cents in the conversation. *waving. I'm a space enthusiast and for 30 years the space shuttle has been the leading role in the space program. Its amazing stuff what the United States has accomplished with the program. I love science, and this was a very emotional moment for a big chunk of Americans, and I'm happy I was here to witness it.

Here is the Logo for the Superbowl next year in Indianapolis. Its pretty fierce I think.
WE know whos goign to be in the Superbowl next year *wink wink


During my stay here I'm getting to the feel of driving a mustang again. I have been a avid Mustang owner as I have had owned 4 in my life including two classic 1965 mustangs *thumbs up. Mustangs are classic american muscle cars and are pretty cool especially with a little bit of added power to them and a loud exhaust *wink. I love the sound of a roaring exhaust its like sweet music to my ears. To sit in a Mustang and drive one again was a nice feeling. Except it wasn't manual but this was a convertible so it suited me. :) Makes me want to go more tor wards a mustang convertible lol.


I took my grandmother out yesterday in the mustang last night along with my auntie. She doesn't get out at all because of her illness so I wanted to take her for a ride and we had to cover her up as she can pick up a cold easy. We went cruising around town and I played the informative tour guide. Of course they were holding on for dear life as I was the driver and I like to test the car out. Here is something funny. We have my sister here a little sad looking as I picked her up from school yesterday and speaking of which I promised I'd go to her softball game today. Anyway, she begged me to drive the car and I said what any sane person would say to a newly licensed driver----> NO!! I was scared of her as the last time I took her driving she was a little too much of a road hog not to mention she was horrible when it came to turning around a corner. Since last month she has taken a drivers ed course so I was really on edge about letting her drive the car. I told her yes on a couple conditions. She had to prove herself to me lol. the conditions were 1. she had to run around the car flapping her arms when we came to a stop light. 2) She had to scream out 5 times " I'm the king of the world" with open arms gesture. I'm so nice. So we wen;t from this expression

later to this......


I have to admit she was a very good driver, and I taught her how to do her first u turn last night. She drove me around and I was very impressed as she was safe, cautious and I came out in one piece ALIVE... *whew

Well today is going to be fun. I'm taking my grandma and ti ti (auntie) to lunch at Mc Donalds ..KIDDING. I have no clue where we will go. Bahama Breeze ??? Grams likes old fashioned diners and rocking to the oldies. Which I too like the oldies believe it or not. I learned of some news yesterday that is going to have me running back and forth. Its all good. I'm trying to convince my sister to go with me on Sunday on my adventure. Oh she would love this one a lot. I'm pulling out all the tricks. But Sunday is her boyfriends birthday and you know how that goes. I told her to celebrate it on Saturday. We shall see. I hope she goes.

Time for me to kick it and train. I promise I will be updating the blog for my readers. Someone asked me why I blog. The answer to that is very simple...because I enjoy and as the quote says "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me." - Al Franken (as Stuart Smalley) :)
**another thumbs up**