counter for blogspot

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Compulsive Exercising?

I was taking a break last night and watching a documentary called "Obsessed". There was a women on thier who was a compulsive exerciser. She had two treadmills in her house and she could not live without exercising several times a day nonstop hours at a time. She was so consumed with her exercise that she put her family(husband and kids), her friends and her whole life behind her. The doctor came over to help her and she suggested that the women only do 30 mins of treadmill. The lady started panicing. After 30 mins of treadmill she didn't want to stop but did a few mins later. She then began to have anxiety attacks and shaking.

When I watched this I thought about bodybuilding and figure competitors. Are we sometimes subject to compulsive exercising? Some of us may go into the gym a few times a day during precontest "if our schedule permits it" :). A typical workout day may be like this on a 2 body a day split.

early am aerobics

late morning training

evening training

evening aerobics

Is this considered too much? Now I know some pros and some national level that pretty much pay thier dues in the gym. We athletes work hard and bust some tail to make a good showing at our competition. I don't think I am a compulsive exerciser, but I as well as others put a lot of time and heart into my art. Now I do know a few that have gave up thier relationships, education, and employment just to bodybuild. I know bodybuilding and figure can be a selfish sport but I do think about those around me. Exercising has many health benefits but when is it too much? Its something to think about.

I'm watching "losing it" and the family Julian is working with is certainly corn fed. LOL. They are all over 6ft and they look like linebackers LOL. Speaking of which the Colts will be training here in Terre Haute very soon :)-

He's backkkkkk! Curtis Painter will be the Colts backup quaterback for a 2nd year. If you remember the last games of the season Painter did not hold it together. Oh Please please please don't let the Coach Caldwell do the same thing he did last season. That will be a season to remmeber and one that went down in sports history. I know we would have won those last games as "not to sound cocky" but the Colts are that good. I need to think of my outfit this year for the games :) There are a few Colts games I am going to attend for sure...Bengals, Chargers, Cowboys, Giants, and maybe the Texans. I found a ticket in section 109 :) and also 108 which are great places to be at as thats where you see BLUE :) and mini Blue lol. :). Yes thats a lot of games for me but its football :) and I have grown a love for it. Theres a womens camp in October teaching us girls about football. Its pretty fun, I never tried it as last year it was booked. So the registration isn't up yet but count me in.

Okay well I am up to my eyeballs in school book this week. Remember I am in the summer semester and everything is tripled. This week I have my midterm for anatomy. I took a exam a day ago and made a 88 on it, but I could of did better. There is another class I have a exam for this week too. There have been several times I have fallen asleep litterally with my head in the books. This is all part of it.

Okay I am in the mood for some oysters with hot sauce and crakers. :)

You know I am a Floridian and it breaks my heart this whole oil mess thats going on in the gulf. I actually tried to contact a few people down in Pennascola as I want to help out with the oil spill hands on. I haven't heard back from anyone. :( When I first went to college my degree was in Marine Biology : ) but I had some rethinking about a few things.

If your a Hoosier be sure to check out http://www.hoosiershelpinghoosiers.org/

I want to see Despicable Me ,Inception and Salt. They look like movies worth watching especially Despicable me lol. Now I am a Twilight/Eclipse fan and may go see this tomorrow. I am not sure yet. Depends on how my studying goes.

Well 4th of July is right around the corner. I love fireworks and I love BBQ. I am sure I will be back on here before the 4th.

Okay I need to finish watching Americas got Talent. Hey that guy Nation was a bad azz dancer.