counter for blogspot

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Back from the Southern Indiana In Evansville, IN

I left Friday afternoon with David as we had early weigh ins later that evening. It took us less than 2 hours to drive from Terre Haute to Evansville, IN. I think it had a lot to do with David driving his SRT8 Dodge Charger. Its a really cool car but its too much attention from the police. It was such a scenic drive.....ha ha I'm kidding. It wasn't very scenic to this Florida girl. I saw nothing but farm land, farm animals, produce stands, apple orchards, a huge correctional facility, Toyota Tundra factory, a strawberry farm, the Whirlpool factory, and a amish buffet(which David refused to let me eat at LOL as we would be kicked out due to they would lose money on me).

I forgot to mention we brought our little girl with us(Bunny-my little English Bulldog). It was cheaper to take her with us than to board her. I love pet friendly hotels. Plus it would be interesting to see how she did in the car and at the hotel with all those people.

The show had a great turn out with competitors. Eric Schmidt and his wife (owners of Nitro Fitness) did a fantastic job with the show. On the judging part it was alittle hard on the Lightheavy class as thier was a lot of good competition. I am always impressed with the masters divisions as they work very hard and they prove that you can look good at any age. There was one that looked really good and his name was Stan. I got to meet another competitior, his name was Rick DeCamp. I am always impressed with Rick as he puts on a great showing and gives the crowd a good show. He is so passionate about what he does and he recently got involved in the sort a few years ago. Way to go Rick!!!! Great job.

I got to meet a lot of wonderful people at the show. I want to make a special mention about 3 competitors. These three inspired me. Anything is possible my friends. Follow your heart and follow your dreams. The first competitor, her name is Brooke and she won the overall in the figure division. If you know Brooke you know how dedicated she is, and how much she puts her heart into things. Lets just ssay that she has a special place in my heart as she has come a long way. I can't wait to see her on the national level. She has a great look and will do very well. Another competitor told me he lost over 140 lbs recently. I was shocked as he showed me his driver license and it was a totally diffrent person. Its amazing to me. It takes a lot of hard work to do this sport and it isn't easy. Anyway, move over Gerrad. :) Lastly, I met another competitor by the name of Sonny Marsh. I also met his wife Gloria Marsh. What a awesome couple. Sonny was told a while back by a doctor that he would be confined to a wheelchair as he was going thourgh some medical issues. Well he proved everyone wrong. Sonny put on a very funny routine at the night show. It included some booty shaking lol. Sonnys a strong man mentally and physically. I am very inspired by him and and his wife. I believe that things happen for a reason in life, like meeting people. It may be for a few seconds or a few minutes but that one little bit of time you have with that person can change your life. I don't mean to preach but you know how I liek to say whats on my mind.

Bunny was great on the trip. Everyone loved her. Shes very tiny for your typical female bulldog. I don't know if I told you but Bunny has a hypoplastic (narrow) trachea which means she has a narrow airway. As the vet explained to us that because of trachea being so narrow she is not able to get enough oxgen and this will have an affect with her size. SHe looks like a minature bulldog. Well I love her very much. I am undecided on what to do as she needs to get spayed but it is possible she may nt come out of the surgery and die. I am getting teary eyed talking about it as I write this as I love her so much. Iam sure a lot of you know I am a big animal lover. If I had enough money I would have a place where I did animal recuse for all types of animals. In my heart I don't want to take that chance of possibly lossing Bunny. Here are some pictures of her I took recently. Here she is in the back seat of the charger coming back from Evansville. She did not want to sit down lol.







Here is her waking up from her nap. Shes still a little tired. Can you tell?





Last but not least heres her waking up in the morning. Its not a pretty site :)


I don't think she likes the camera too much :)

Now here are is some pictures of me. To start out with is a classic picture from back in the day.


This is a old picture from The Southern USA in Panama City, Florida I did a few years ago.




Here I am at the Arnold Expo taking a picture with the great Mike Katz.




Being silly as always and trying to look cool with Davids SRT 8 Charger. He loves that care more than me lol.



Heres some pictures from my members section in the offseason. :)