counter for blogspot

Sunday, February 11, 2007

the good old days

I wanted to share a letter I sent Muscle and Fitness in 2001. It got published in may 2001.

Lited Her Up
I'm 21 years old, 5'3" and weight about 140 pounds. Your magazine has given me a lot of encouragement. It helped lift my spirits during my personal struggle with self esteem and then as I tried to perfect my body as a raging muscle machine. You guys have lifted me up when I needed support with my bodyuilding and have shed light on me when I was in the darkness with training routines. Thanks for being there when I need you.

Belle Turell

Its amzing how much has changed since then. I am proud to say that I am 179 lbs this afternoon. I can't believe how much gains I have made. My strength is back up. Finally, the cold really got me last week. Everyone keeps asking me what weight class I will be. At this rate, I don't honestly know.

My friend is leaving to see 3 time Mr. Olympia Frank Zane tomorrow. How cool is that. I have always been a fan of his physique, and posing.