counter for blogspot

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fall is upon us here in Indiana. I never seen anything so beautiful. I never got to see what fall was really about back in Florida. Right now its cool here in the evening. Tonight we have a low of 54. So I get to open my windows up tonight. Believe it or not I can't wait for the cold weather. I am not use to it yet being a tropical person and all. I can't wait to make my first snow angel and and go sledding down the hills.

I went to the covered bridge festival in Mansfield, Indiana. From October 10th through the 19th there are 16 covered bridge festivals throughout scenic Parke County. Mansfield is the biggest festival bringing in more than 2 million. On the way to Mansfield along the road people were holding yard sales. I never seen so many yard sales in my life. lol. It was nuts.
When we got to Mansfield I was amazed. There were so many vendors here. Its a huge flea market. Everyone had there little carts filled with stuff. I saw a lot of arts and crafts some of which were very cute. The food was a little pricey here, but very good. One thing I really liked was the fried cheese curds. I didn't get to try the homemade pumpkin ice cream. Maybe next time. Oh I did get cheated out of my lemon slushie. It was mostly ice more than anything LOL. I was just amazed by the amount of people I saw. One thing that I really wanted was a homemade quilt. I always wanted one since I was a kid. I didn't get lucky finding one.
I also got a glimpse of the moon while I was in Mansfield.......