counter for blogspot

Monday, October 29, 2007

On a Positive Note

When I wake up in the morning, I enjoy reading a quote or two before starting my day. I went and chose a few quotes that I would like to share with you. These are some of the few that inspire me in my everyday life.

"The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure. These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur." -- Vince Lombardi

“What does not kill me makes me stronger.” --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)

"Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so shall you become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be; your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil." --James Allen

I am a very lucky individual/athlete. God has blessed me with great genetics and has created a path for me to follow. This path is bodybuilding. It grew on me over time. When I was younger there where times when I wanted to stop, but I didn't as I loved what I do and would not trade it for anything in the universe. Its a blessing to have the genetics that I have. Of course I am a baby in this sport and still have some muscle maturity to gain. But that comes in time. Each year my body gets better and better. I work very hard at trying to perfect my body at its full potential. My goal is to come in as a heavyweight with a total package. Mass with class....lol.

Unfortunately I am choosing not to do Nationals. I made this decision a few weeks ago. Its not in my best interest right now. Or I should say its not what I want. What I want is USAs in 2008. This is what has been on my mind. I cant tell you how confident I feel about this show. There's 7 months to go. I start my diet next week. I had a great conversation with Tim Gardner the other day who is very dear friend, Dad like Figure and Coach. We talked for a good hour and half on this decision and what can and will be mine next year. I also had a wonderful conversation with the greatest Historian of the sport Steve Wennerstrom, who is getting a recognition award in Dallas. He has been covering female bodybuilding for 30 years. WOW! Anyway, i am blessed to have the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people.

On my goals as you know last year I weighed 134 lbs at the North American. This year I gained so much size it was crazy. I think if I would have done what I had originally planned to do the USAs I would have weighed in between 155-160. Next year, I will be totally awesome, and competing as a heavyweight where I belong. I love my muscle too much and will not sacrifice it to drop down a class. LOL

I know the potential I have when I step on stage. Lets just say next year I will be one to watch, as I am bringing the best I can. I know that their will be doubters and that's fine. I am doing this for me and not for them. People will always talk. So let them. LOL. It makes my work more fun. No worries on my part. I have a mountain of positive energy on my shoulders. I will be happy to share my positive sunshine rays. :)

“In life you can never be too kind or too fair; everyone you meet is carrying a heavy load. When you go through your day expressing kindness and courtesy to all you meet, you leave behind a feeling of warmth and good cheer, and you help alleviate the burdens everyone is struggling with.” -- Brian Tracy

"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces up, snow is exhilarating; there is no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather." -- John Ruskin

"Everything I need to know is revealed to me. Everything I need comes to me. All is well in my life." -- Louise Hay


Lastly, God has blessed me with a great friends and fans who have supported me in whatever I do. God bless you guys. As you have stood by me through thick and thin.

I will be back on Cam in my off season state as of tomorrow on herbiceps and Ft video.
SO be around for that. I will give you guys an update on my weight in a few days. But I did enjoy my Birthday finally. Yesterday I went to Bahama Breeze and had the Dulce De Leche Cheesecake which is off the charts. :) I was a very happy camper.

Next week I will be in St. Augustine for the All South. Which is the last National Qualifier in Florida. After Thanksgiving I will be doing some traveling. New York In December. I will be attending several Pro shows next year. And of course I am going to the Arnold Classic. But anyway I will keep you posted.

Updates.......
I am going tot be doing some lifting/training video clips for members and of course for You Tube. :)

I will be sure to keep you posted next few days. Oh and i do have good news as we are in the process of moving the gym to a bigger location. We are getting way too many clients, and its time to move forward. WE have a location in mind that in a great area where there is alot of good traffic, and they are building a huge Super Target right across the street.

Anyway, time for me to go and have a fillet Mignon and some mashed potatoes loaded of course :)

Love you guys