counter for blogspot

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Day One OKC

Oct 1 day one
I arrived to Body Tech, and immediately feel in love. What an amazing training facility. I felt like a kid in a candy store. Didn’t know which piece I wanted to try first. Howard has lots of unique pieces. By far it’s a bodybuilder’s dream gym. In Orlando, we have the big name gyms like Gold’s, Bally’s, La fitness, but they are not bodybuilder friendly. Now I see why everyone says the people at Body Tech are like family. Everyone is so friendly and polite. Again in Orlando, and a lot of places I have been to, people tend to give me the death look. LOL. I just put the hater blockers on and do my thing. I am so in love with the gym haha. I think I might move here J
Now when I made my way to the back of the gym where Howard has this huge juice bar set up. There was a girl in a sports bra and posing bottoms. She looked like she was ready to step on stage today! She turned around and it was Britt Miller. What a beautiful girl and what a body. I am not going to give away too much but WOW, I am inspired. I feel so fat around her ha-ha. Britt Miller is bringing her A game. Way to go Britt!!!!!!!!!!!!
I finally got the opportunity to meet IFBB PRO Carrie Ledford Baldwin. Her website is http://www.okfiregirlz.com/ . She walked in with her gallon of Sugar Free tang and her “save the drama for your mama” t-shirt, and Victoria Secret “Just Pink” sweats. It was great to finally meet her as we have chatted online several times. I just found out she is Native American Indian which explain her beautiful features and terrific genetics. We chatted for a little and then it was onward to train ***drum roll*** “LEGS”! I can’t tell you how excited and thrilled I was after a very long day at the airport and then having very little food to eat…lol. I thought I was going to get a break. Was I wrong…ha-ha! So Big Daddy H took me through the workout. I am not going to go through too much detail as some of you already know and some of you just have to come down to OKC and see what training is really about. Ha-ha. I was not a happy camper as I could not move my legs AT ALL. During my exercises I saw flashes go off, and I thought the workout was playing with my head. Well it was Carrie taking surprise shots of me with my game/pissy face on! I was in sooooo much pain! I told Howard I had to puke a couple of times and we still kept on training. LOL. Well it finally happened I had to run to the bathroom and puke my brains out! Never have I done that before. Carrie was awesome as she stood by and talked to me about the training and made jokes. She was also helping unload the weight which was very sweet. Well she had told me her best friend and fellow firefighter IFBB Pro Sherry Smith was coming by the gym Tuesday. I was very excited t meet her. We did the North Americans last year where she won her pro card and looked absolutely beautiful and flawless. If you haven’t seen her website check it out because the design is awesome. http://www.sherrysmith-fbb.com/
Before I left the gym on my first day, I had to do my posing with the posing artist and Britt’s main man Joey. I was a bit scared to see what he was going to say about my posing as I know it needs a lot of polishing. Well he looked at me and made some adjustments, and what a big improvement. He made my physique pop out even more. It’s amazing what you can do with a little hand positioning and feet placement. Now I know why is known as the best posing master.